Thursday, November 7, 2013

Florence side table

Second post of the day- Florence side table. I can't find the before, but trust me, I'm doing you a favor. This little spindle legged table was so ugly when we got it. We found it for near nothing at the local swap meet- scratched up and finished in an ugly shiny orangey color. Blah. I stripped the top and found this beautiful wood grain I did not expect!


Tons of personality and dimension- I stained it with Minwax Espresso to bring out the wood grain. Then I painted the legs in Florence- my new favorite ASCP color. I love that color so much- it reminds me of the sea and of home, I think. After two coats I lightly sanded, and sealed the whole piece in Minwax Wax Paste. 



Those curves on the sides are so cute!

It had a slight wobble on hard flooring and I put little furniture pads on the bottom, which helped but did not completely solve it. The legs were not screwed on so I couldn't just tighten them. I had to accept the fact that some older pieces just aren't going to be perfect and all I can do is my best to fix them. It was a valuable lesson to not be such a perfectionist on something vintage and artistic. 
This piece is available for purchase at The Design Cottage in Tacoma.

Linking Up At These Parties


  Liz Marie BlogFurniture Feature Fridays 

3 comments:

  1. This table is awesome! I'd love for you to link up with our Life Created Tuesdays link party! This week's party is now live :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at Redoux! The top looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your interest stuff.Prices are different in different categories like cake stand,tableware,kitchenware etc.

    clock table & 3m command

    ReplyDelete