Thursday, November 7, 2013

Vintage Gray Table

Whew! I am so far behind I do not know where to start! My parents came into town and we had a blast! The Space Needle restaurant was so amazing.

Then we moved a week later to a new home on base- which I LOVE more than our last! Side note- how do they get the carpet like that!?



And now The Design Cottage has their Holiday Open House this weekend so I was trying to get pieces done for that.

But let me say, being featured on Redoux Interiors made my month!



Karen is someone I followed long before starting Faded Furnishings, and she was someone who made me believe I could, in fact do it! Ok fan-girling aside, let me get back to the pieces of this week. 

I'll do 3 separate posts for each! 
1st up - Vintage Gray Side Table. I found this piece on CL for oretty cheap and it was adorable!


It was a bit wobbly on its feet and the bottom table shifted around a lot. I started by mixing up my own paint. I used Valspars Mountain Smoke and mixed with a bit of Calcium Carbonate to thicken the paint a bit. I sanded the piece a bit, primed in white (had to due to the water marks that I knew would bleed through) and got to painting! 


This is in between coats. Also a piece of trim on the drawer fell off. So I sanded the drawer, stained it (and the wayward piece of trim) with Minwax Espresso and wood glued it back on with Gorilla glue (a little goes a long way). I also did not like the hardware- BORING! I got some clear knobs from Lowes and some vintagey looking scrapbook paper from JoAnns to line the drawer. After two coats and a light sanding, I sealed the entire piece with Minwax Wax Paste. It was my first time using it and I wanted to wax everything in my house! I love the finish it leaves. 


Then I flipped it over and realized there were some screws missing that should have been holding the bottom table to the legs- so in a few screws went and voila!- no more wobble!

This piece was fun and easy and is available for sale at The Design Cottage in Tacoma.

Linking Up At These Parties
   Liz Marie BlogFurniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment